At 8 weeks old, Obedience Training 1 for puppies is an important addition when buying a Kraftwerk K9 puppy. We offer world-class, positively-reinforced training that last 4 weeks. It is important at a young age that a puppy has a solid foundation of commands and is ready to learn more as they grow older.
Obedience Training 1, a puppy will learn the following:
Week 1: Initial Associations & Foundation Building
- Treat Association and knowing where to get the treat
- This allows the puppy to know that they receive payment from the handler and nowhere else.
- Learn how to respond to a leash
- Have the puppy become accustomed to the weight of a leash and understand that whoever holds the leash is in control.
- Name association
- The puppy is able to understand that their name is wha they should respond to.
Week 2: Command Training
- Sit and Recall Training
- Down Training
- Teaching the meaning of “No”
Week 3: Acclimation Training
- Acclimating with an indoor environment
- Crate/Kennel Training
- Vehicle Familiarization
- Hygiene Acclimation
Week 4: Drive Building & Preparing A Solid Foundation for OB2
- Bite Drive
- Reinforcing what they have learned so far